In the FieldFrom 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm
In the Field
New South Wales, Australia
March 3 – April 12, 2020
with Betty, Uma Furman and Deej Juventin
This experiential training offers CSBs and ICECs the opportunity to expand their skills and knowledge set. Participants engage in nearly a month of daily embodied practices, and share about their experience in a private online group. After the 4 weeks of practice, we meet at a retreat centre for 3 days of professional development (as described below). Then real clients arrive for the Growing in Embodiment Retreat. You will be giving these clients daily one-on-one sessions and teaching group classes, with the support and mentoring of Deej, Betty and Uma. We keep the group small in order to give you personal attention.
Prerequisite: Certificate in Sexological Bodywork (CSB) or Introductory Certificate in Embodied Counseling (ICEC)
March 3 to April 1, 2020: Embodied Practice and Discussion
Enhance and fine tune your personal practice with 4 weeks of guidance, sharing and discussion in a community of peers.
April 3 to April 6, 2020: Professional Development Training
3 days in-depth experience and practice in the Wheel of Consent with Betty, client-led sessions with Uma and somatic education and embodied counselling with Deej.
April 6 to April 12, 2020: In The Field Clinic Week Intensive
- develop their somatic sex education skills through the process of working with real clients on authentic learning objectives, and having immediate access to input from peers and facilitators before and after sessions,
- develop their coaching and mentoring skills in ongoing small group processes, and have the opportunity to reflect on their work to improve practice,
- have essential input, experience, and feedback in facilitating groups,
- receive regular supervision in small groups and one-on-one from the facilitators,
- engage in regular embodiment classes, erotic rituals and meditations,
- and spend a wonderful week connecting with their peers and building networks and community.
- CSBs who complete the program to the satisfaction of the facilitators will receive the Certificate in Applied Practice of Somatic Sex Education from ISS.
- ICECs who complete the program to the satisfaction of the facilitators will receive the Certificate in Applied Practice of Embodied Counseling from ISS.
The residential program is held at Yanada Retreat, in the beautiful Hawkesbury River region of New South Wales, Australia. Food and accommodation is provided and included in the price.
- The early bird price is $3,500 (including GST) for payments before December 6, 2020.
- For payments from December 7, the price is $3,900 (including GST).
- A non-refundable deposit of $550 is required to secure your place on the training.
- The price includes food and accommodation at Yanada from April 3 to April 12 2020, as well as all tuition and supervision with Betty, Uma and Deej.
- All payments must be made before February 28, 2020.
- Refund Policy: If you withdraw from the training before March 2, 2020, any money will be returned less the $550 deposit. If you withdraw from the training on or after March 3, 2020 there is no refund.
Numbers are limited so please register early. Email [email protected]